The data we control and process
The data is about prospective, current and past tenants (and their guarantors), suppliers, investors, contractors and other property relevant supporters of the company, for instance from networking events.
The data is factual and photographic information.
- names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact details;
- dated passport photograph;
- family details; past landlord details, employment details.
- post graduate course details
- contractors’ insurance documentation
- financial information eg tenant salaries, credit checks
- CCJ and other referencing result information
Collecting, handling and sharing personal data
We collect most of the personal data we process directly from the individual concerned where it is freely given in order for an individual to rent, invest or work for us. In some cases, we collect data from third parties (for example, referees, previous landlords, employers, referencing companies.)
Personal data held by us is processed by appropriate members of staff for the purposes for which the data was provided. We have both hard and soft data. We take appropriate technical and organisational steps to ensure the security of personal data about individuals, and access to our systems. We do not transfer personal data outside of the business unless specifically required for the necessity of the business (for example, tenant application and passport photo to our outsourced referencing company.) We do not otherwise share or sell personal data to other organisations for their own purposes.
Purposes for which we control & process personal data
We process personal data to support the business’s operation as a landlord and property investor & developer:
- The selection and check in of tenants;
- The provision of services and support to tenants, investors, contractors including accommodation provision, maintenance services.
- Compliance with legislation and regulation including ‘Right to Rent’, CDM Regulations, HMO licencing, AST contracts and deposit registration.
- Operational management including the compilation of tenant, investor and contractor records; the administration of invoices, fees, rents, accounts and referencing;
- The promotion of the business through its own website, and through our social media channels;
- Maintaining relationships with investors, others and the wider property community by communicating in a bespoke, targeted manner. We will use your contact details to keep you updated about our activities by email and by phone. We ask you to let us know your data preferences so that we can ensure our communications are relevant to you. You can update your data preferences at any time by contacting us.
How long we keep personal data
We retain personal data only for a legitimate and lawful reason and only for so long as necessary, adequate or relevant or required by law. If you have any specific queries about our record retention periods, or wish to request that your personal data is considered for erasure, please contact us.